Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting Scary Now

Ok, this is the scary part of starting a business, having to ask for money. I am at that point now. It is very exciting, that this is where I am at. But the other day I had a meeting at the SBA about going to the bank to ask for a loan and it was kind of a "Come to Jesus" about how hard it can be to get a loan and that the banks will ask for everything, including your first born. Now normally that wouldn't scare me, but I'm not exactly financially well off. My credit score is better than what it was (I was laid off 3 years ago and got by on credit cards and spent the time after that recovering) I also bought a house right before the worst recession in history (hence the lay off) in one of the hardest hit areas in the country. So its not like there is a lot of money there. Other than personal debt that still outweighs my net worth, all I have is a good idea and a promise to pay it off.

Oh and if you are asking about grants, there aren't any, I checked. And the fact that I am a woman owned business doesn't really help that much either.

Oh well, time to lay my financial self on the table and see what happens. Personally, I am proud of my finances, they show that I actually have come a long way and if I were a bank, I would give me money.


No comments:

Post a Comment