Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Settling in

When moving to a great town it can take awhile to settle in, one of the hardest parts about moving to a new town and settling is finding those services and service providers that you trusted in your last town. Like hair stylists. Yesterday, I did just that. It was time, I was due.

Before I left Las Vegas I asked my trusted and beloved Belle to put more brown highlights in my hair because I didn't know when I would be able to find a new stylist and I didn't want a bunch of blond with dark roots. Unfortunately, my brunette color of choice is much lighter than my natural hair color so it was time to find a stylist. Like most women, finding a stylist for me is as important as finding a lady doctor. You have to like them and their technique. You have to like the facility they practice in and feel comfortable.

So after some driving around, I thought I had found a place. It was across from where I have my business mailbox and their Facebook page looked pretty good so I called to make an appointment. I have to admit, I should have listened to my gut as they seemed confused as to what I wanted. Highlight, color..... How confusing???

Anyway, I went, the environment was stale and a bit unfriendly, just a few rows of chairs facing the work stations. There was one older gal working in the corner and when I walked in another stylist who looked (maybe just acted) like she was 12 said "Can I help you" I gave her my name and said I was here for my 12 o'clock. I honestly can't remember if she said anything else, she just went on working on her client and smacking her gum. The gal she was working on was busy cattily gossiping to the gal next to her like they were high school mean girls. It really just gave the place a bad energy. After a few more clues and my gut yelling at me to get out, I left.

I remembered there was a place downtown that looked promising so I went. I had my kindle so I was prepared to wait, since I was a walk in. I did just that, I walked in, the gal up front was doing nails but very friendly asked me how she could help and I simply motioned to my head my need for root touch up. Turns out, there was a new girl there who could take me right away. And I have to tell you, I LOVE MY HAIR!!! She did a great job! It is the perfect color golden blonde and looks terrific. We had great conversation and the energy in the salon was positive and professional. I will definitely be going back again. And since this girl is new (New to the salon, no new to hair.) I will happily give her name to anyone who needs a good hair stylist. Her name is Marcy and she is at Le French Quarter Salon in Downtown Ardmore. So go see her. Just remember, they only take cash.

So now I'm happy, I have a great stylist, I'm settling in to my new town and I am also learning to trust my gut. Because when you do anything, that is the voice you need to listen to the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment