Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Adventure Continues.....

The fear and rationality set in. Oh yeah, of course I still want to start my business. This is my dream. I have always wanted my own business. The little Entrepreneur in me is just waiting to get out and have fun.

I am still in the research stage of my business with my launching date in 1 year. FEBRUARY 1st, 2011 will be the date.

So yes, I am researching, I have a ton of books, and am looking into ordering more. So far all my books are on the topic of starting a Brick and Mortar business, which is fine, because I will have a Brick and Mortar store one day, but I am starting out online, an online business is a completely different animal. Different rules, different stuff, so now I need to find some books on starting an online business, an ECommerce business. Not just a Yahoo business, or an Ebay business, but a www._________.com business.

And now the fear has sunk in, the excitement is still there but now I am thinking, OK, How do I promote this? How do I bring customers, keep customers coming back and get new customers? How do I get the Buzz out? What will my website look like, including down to the details. What about logistics likes shipping, inventory control, etc etc....

Yikes, I hope at least some of these answers are in all those books I am buying, and websites I visit. However the scariest part is, some of these answers I'm going to have to find out on my own, the hard way.

Oh well, wish me luck, and any advise would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment