Sunday, January 31, 2010

A New Adventure

I have a new adventure!!! Today, I registered a domain name. For my new business. I will announce the domain name when my website and business is up and running. But I am excited. This is the first and easy step in a long exciting road on a very exciting adventure I thrilled to take.

What is my new business you ask? I will be starting an online store. Selling Yarn and other knitting and crocheting supplies. I know, there are plenty on the website already, but why can't I have one too? Besides, I'm not really a fan of the ones that are out there. Mine will be different and fabulous.

This website will also be a perfect segue into the Brick and Mortar business I will be starting someday.

Yes, I am so excited, and being the nerd I am, I have already stocked up on tons of books on opening a store, retail business, small business, and now I am looking a books on starting an e-business. And my uber-organized husband encouraged me to get a notebook so I can keep all my important papers, questions and notes.

Why am I doing this you ask? Because the Entrepreneur inside o me is just waiting to come out. I have always wanted to have my own business and be my own boss and do my own thing. So while it is a long road ahead, it is an exciting road and I am excited!

So here I am, just in the research stages, setting a timeline and I am on my way. Originally, I was going to open my business (Brick and Mortar) by the time I was 30, which is just less than 2 years. But now that I am going to start out in the e-business realm, I am thinking of moving that timeline up. Maybe 6 months to a year. I'm looking more on the 6 month side.

But, AHH I am so excited. So if any of you out there have any advise for starting your own business and/or where to get product from, let me know. I need all the advise I can get.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! What a great adventure indeed!

    ReplyDelete