Sunday, January 3, 2010

Monthly Goals

So with a new month comes new goals. As always, I am going to do my 31 products in 31 days and of course get 1 new customer a week. But this time I am going to keep track. I is hard to figure out if you have reached your goals if you are not keeping track. Even if you are doing really well and achieving your goals. I have found, if you don't have a way of keeping track of your goals, you might as well not even have them. Because then you don't know how close you are to your goal and you have no idea or motivation to push yourself just a little bit further because you are almost there.

So I am actually going to write down my sales and new customers.

Also, this is more like a weekly goal because it need follow up this week. I have had 3 customers tell me they are interested in holding a party after the holidays. Well, it is after the holidays and we are in a new year. So, what better time to hold a party.

This next goal I am kind of scared about. It being a new year, it is time for me to get organized and ready for taxes. How much I have spent vs. how much I have made. It's not hard, I'm kind of anal about spreadsheets and accounting stuff. I just need to sit down, get all my sales sheets and inventory slips together and get to it. I'm thinking a day or weekend project depending on how many breaks I take. Shouldn't be too bad.

I'm also kind of confused, I know I can get the appropriate tax forms and things (1099? W9?) from my Mary Kay consultant website but does Turbo Tax have a category for direct sales business? I know they have a small business thing, but what about direct sales? Are they the same thing? Am I considered a "Home based business"? Yikes!!! Should I hire a CPA?

Anyone out there with experience in this please let me know. Maybe I'll ask my sales director.

Now, I need to get up and make some dinner, yes, it is 3 in the afternoon, but I am going to make Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguinon, it takes 4 hours. I am also making Potatoes sauteed in Butter. If this were the Julie/Julia project blog, I could cross off 4 recipes, since I have to prepare the onions and mushrooms that go into the stew in accordance with her recipes for onions and mushrooms respectfully.

Yum Yum Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment