Saturday, December 5, 2009

Attitude is Everything

In a business like Mary Kay. Where your entire business and success depends on you. It is so easy to give up. To get discouraged and just walk away. Almost everyday, I think, I can just give all my inventory away for Christmas and walk away. But why? I actually like this business. I like selling Mary Kay. There are going to be a million rejections before someone says yes! and I succeed. I have succeed so many time already. And with those successes I have had rejections and failures.

But when this is my business, it gets personal. With all these failures, what incentive is there for me? I am funding this business with my own money. This is my gamble. How do I know its going to be worth it? When will this business start taking off? When will it all be worth it? How much longer do I have to go? I am not about to give up but I like having an end in mind.

Maybe I should actually set some goals. Seriously sit down and write down in detail some actual concrete goals for my business. What do I want? What am I working toward? At what points will I have reached my goals and key milestones in my goals?

OK that is my goal for the weekend. My task:
What am I working my business for?
What are the key milestones of my goal?
At what points will I have reached my goals?
and last but not least - the most important....

What do I want out of my business?
What do I want my business to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment