Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Night "Off"

So I was going to take tonight off of my Mary Kay.

Directly after work I went to a photography studio across town to get engagement pictures done. Then my fiance and I went to dinner. By the time I left the restaurant it was 8pm. Being across town, it took me a half hour to get home. So all the way home I am thinking, I am going to have a glass of wine, put my feet up and take the night off. I won't even worry about the MK order that came in today.

So I get home and suddenly decide. OK fine, I will put my order away. I had no customer orders in my box, instead, a TON of inventory. My little Mary Kay area is now overflowing. AHHH I need to SELL. I need to get rid of this inventory. At least alot of it can be used as stocking stuffers. If anyone is reading this.... wink wink.

At least now while I type this, I do have my feet up. My wine is sitting on the coffee table just inches from my feet and on of my favorite Food Network shows is on.

I do have to give myself props though. I do happen to know the photographer and owner of the photography studio I went to today. So while I was there I have her some catalogs to leave in her lobby. I even asked if I could bring more. She said sure. I also brought some goodie bags left over from Halloween. I even offered a discount on the back of the catalogs. So here goes nothing. At the restaurant I even left my business card for the waitress. However, of course, as I was LEAVING the restaurant, I thought, I should have put a discount on the back of that card. I can't tell you how many times I have left business cards on restaurant tables. I really need to start putting discounts on the back of my cards and catalogs that I leave. Everyone loves a sale!!!

So here goes nothing, I have a dining room full of inventory and its day 2 of my 31 products in 31 days. Hmm. I think I am going to study now.

No comments:

Post a Comment