Thursday, March 17, 2011

Looking for work

Ok, here goes, I am here in Oklahoma and need a job. I need something to cover the part of my mortgage that the rent from my tenant doesn't, I have credit card debt and student loan debt that I need to also pay off. Yes, I am starting my own business, but lets be honest, business can take up to 2 years to be profitable. So I need at least a part time job in the mean time. The thing is, I'm really hesitant to find a job. My last job sucked. It was horrible, I feel like leaving that job was like leaving a bad relationship. I was just glad to be free of the binding that that job caused. Not just a crappy job but a job that ate away at my soul. I was contantly having to build myself up saying that I was the great and awesome person that I am. Only when I go to work to be torn down again by my boss, co-workers, and other crappy drama that went around. I honestly did hate it.

And now I find myself in a position to find work once again, and here I am, 29 years old and afraid. I know that I need to leave that crappy job behind me just like every other crappy job I have had and move on. I will find a wonderful job here, where my boss is great, co-workers are great, clients are great and there is no drama.

I am looking, I have my resume out and have asked around. The right job will come in time, I know it will.

Also, I really like sleeping in, but I guess that may have to be the sacrifice I need to make in order to have a paycheck.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment